Many students experience financial hardship while at college so do not worry about it- help is available. College is a very expensive period of your life and one in which can occur a lot of debt. While studying here at WIT, be aware of the financial aids available to you.
The Money Advice and Budgeting Service (MABS) is an organisation who provides advice and support for people with financial difficulties. Check out the website (www.mabs.ie) for more information.
- Shop in Lidl or Tesco and look for ‘own brand’ items
- Buy in bulk, it’s much cheaper in the long run
- Avoid convenience foods or other prepared meals
- Keep your eyes peeled for special offers
- Never shop when you’re hungry or you’ll buy unnecessary items
- Always to make up shopping list
- Go home for lunch if you’re near enough or bring lunch to college. It’s much cheaper.
- Printing in the Students Union is the cheapest
- Don’t always look or buy the goods at eye level, look around
For more tips visit www.mabs.ie